An Oily Adventure

Friday, January 2, 2015
Howdy Y'all!
I can not believe that today is January2! Hello! Really 2015!?! Can I get a hover board and self tying shoes please? The self tying shoes for my kinders; hover board for me! I can not believe the year 2014. Talk about ups and downs! Changing schools/ districts, health issues, vacations that dreams are made of... lots of great and horrible stuff all mixed together.

I love that 2014 also showed me something that would change me forever. The thing that I am going to bring to this blog is my adventure in essential oils. I'm not sure how that is going to work with my lack of blogging but my greatest hope is that it actually give me more to share.

Back in Feb 2014 we learned that my liver was/is enlarged. This is due to having no gallbladder and my liver has to work harder. I also have IBS. I started to search for a way to help the IBS without making my liver worse. I also learned things like certain medications I used for daily issues like headache or knee pain were actually hurting my liver. Not good. So my search started.

That search took me to a side of medicine that most people I knew though was "crazy". I started using acupuncture to help with the constant pain. But that really didn't help my IBS issues so I did some more looking and learning. And my answer was to purchase peppermint "pills". Oh my were they expensive but they worked. Then a friend mentioned that I could use peppermint essential oil to do the same thing! WHAT? really, I can use one or two drops of something sounded too good to be true. But I've always wondered what happens to those capsules when you take them. I mean they look and feel like plastic, could they be hurting my liver? So I got my first bottle of peppermint oil.


I have since learned that peppermint essential oil can be used for LOTS of things... help with headaches, fever, pain. And a whole new world opened up for me. At first I was a bit skeptical that this thing (essential oils) could really help me long term. That was this summer, late July to be exact, and here I sit on January 2, 2015 and it STILL helps. AND I have expanded my oily medicine cabinet. I have to say now (and I'll repeat it often) the things I have/ and will post in my blog as I am sharing essential oils with you have not been evaluated by the FDA. Please understand that I am just educating not trying to diagnose medical conditions and you should always consult with a medical professional when it comes to you and your families health.

Here is a fact sheet on Peppermint oil:


I am working on setting up some EO (essential oil) pages here on my blog. I also want to share with you about specific oils. I get much of my information from two different books. The first is the Essential Oil Pocket Reference (EOPR) and the second is the Reference Guide for Essential Oils (RGEO). Both books have LOTS of great information about essential oils. The information on my blog will always be able Young Living oils. These are my favorite and a brand that I feel that I can support for many reasons, I promise to do a look into Young Living something this spring.

So that is a little intro into the oily adventure that I am on.  I hope that you learn something along the way! I know I am...

No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT