Create Daily

Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Hey Y'all!!

A few years back I read and worked through the book The Artist's Way by Julia Camron. One of the things that stuck with me was the idea of "nurturing" the artist in you. And you do this by creating daily. These daily pieces or thoughts were not to carry pressure. They were not intended to be masterpieces, although there would be some that you really came to love. The basic idea was that you show up daily. The daily pages are intended to hold thoughts, prayers, dreams, they are a place to rest your spirit.

As I have come back to creating, I feel myself free again. I had plenty of hurts and baggage that hung around my neck but as I thought about the time I had spent with my Artist's Way journal, I realized that my baggage could fall away. And here I am creating and sharing again. My story is long and full of emotion. At the end of the day I was created to be someone who is creative. The "little artist" in me needs to be set free daily to play. For those of you in the classroom, think about that kid who struggles on days where there is in-door recess. Same idea, right? You have a little artist too. Your little artist needs permission to play.

Today on IG, I shared some revelations that I had this past weekend (I'm @alittlekinder). And I decided not to let fear win. I am jumping in with both feet and saying "I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!" I am so excited to share here and on IG and I am working on YouTube content (that is going to be a little bit of a learning curve for me).

Here is what I am promising you today. Create daily! While I won't always have a full blog post daily, my IG account will be FULL of daily creations and photos of what I am doing. I cannot begin to tell you just how excited I am about this and sharing my little artist with you.

WHEW! But I'm not done. You have a part to play in my #alittlekindercreatesdaily challenge. See it is WAY more fun when you do anything with friends. I want to see this hashtag BLOW UP! You define what creating daily looks like for you. Maybe it's scrapbooking. Maybe it's card making. Maybe it's making resources for your classroom. The list could go on and on. The important thing is that we do something each day. Feed your little artist. Nurture them and watch them grow!

I can't wait to see your creative side at #alittlekindercreatesdaily!

I would LOVE to be your Stampin Up! Demonstrator


If you are in the United States and don't already have a Stampin Up! demonstrator then you can order your supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT