Get Ink'd #3 Share what you love (Just Getting Started Ideas)

Monday, April 30, 2018
Hey y'all!
On Saturday I got a BIG OL' BOX of stamping goodies!!! As a demonstrator, I am able to pre-order one "suite" and it arrived. Ok so a suite is really just a kit of goodies based on a stamp set that Stampin' Up! releases early to demonstrators. This year it's the Share what you love stamp set.

Let me be COMPLETELY honest here, I didn't love this set when I first saw it. I was kind of sad this was the set that was picked. There are SO many awesome sets in the new catalog that I thought would have made a wonderful "suite". Then I started thinking about how the "suite" packages were presented to demonstrator and y'all!!! I totallly changed my mind. Each of the suites are designed with different stampers/ crafters/ folks in mind. The first level is called "Just Getting Started". This will be the suite we focus on. I have listed the individual products below because the suite isn't available until May 1, and if you happen upon this post after May 31 then the suite will no longer be available.

Today I am sharing some cards using just the materials in the Just getting started set. The first card I am going to share is my version of the amazing Susan Wong's card. This card was probably the card that made me excited about this early release suite. This card was made using Grapefruit Grove and Old Olive ink. I also used Momento or Basic Black in for the message.


This next card I LOVE and y'all it's just one card and INK! Yep... this one I wanted to keep super simple. I love to design cards with lots of detail but sometimes ya' just need a go to super quick great looking card. 

To make this card you will need Rich Razzleberry and Crumb Cake ink and Very Vanilla cardstock or cards and envelopes. The large background image from the Love what you do set was inked in Crumb Cake and stamped off once to create a lighter version of Crumb Cake (this is called Second generation stamping). The large flower is also created using a second generation stamping technique. I started with the image in the middle stamped in Rich Razzleberry, without re- inking the stamp I stamped it again at the top of my image. Then I re-inked and stamped off on scratch paper, and stamped the lower image. Last I added my message in Rich Razzleberry. 

Y'all I have a serous love affair with polka dots (don't tell my husband ok?) This next card is my version of a polka dot card made with Grapefruit Grove and Basic Black ink.


 So there are two little "blobs" in this set that could be used to make polka dots with. I went with the smaller of the two. Using first and second generation stamped images (that's big fancy for inked then stamped and stamped a second time without re- inking) I made the background. I used a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that I cut smaller than my card to stamp on. Then I popped this up using Stampin' Dimensionals.

So tell me, do you love this set yet? Be honest, remember I was. It's ok to not be there yet. Since there are 3, yep 3 different Share what you Love suites, I am going to share with you 2 more days of Get Ink'd using just those products. I can't wait for you to see what I came up with!!





I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT