Getting my crafty on!

Thursday, April 5, 2018
So it seems like it was a lifetime ago that I was working full time in the craft industry. I had many items published in card magazines and scrapbook magazines. I taught classes across the country. And then something happened and I walked away from the industry that I loved. I won't reopen old hurts but know if I was willing to walk away from something I loved then coming back to it seemed like it would never happen.

But here I sit some 10 years later and that old hurt has healed and I am slowly starting to create again. And Y'all it feels amazing!! I can't begin to tell you how much I missed taking paper, and ink, and stamps, and ribbon, and pictures and making something beautiful. Not that everything that I have done in the last week could be considered beautiful, ha far from it, but the whole process and getting my "hands dirty" has been beautiful. I hope to start blogging again too. I've kind of missed documenting my life this way too. And who knows maybe I'll even get brave enough to do a video or two. The sky is my limit and I love that feeling. (It kind of reminds me of a Monday morning ;) )

Speaking of Monday morning, I LOVE teaching 3 year olds!! Y'all, this is what I have been fighting for, developmentally appropriate learning. It's such fun to get to build in blocks with a group of kiddos and talk about measurement words or positional words. Or sit at the art table and talk about how different shapes make up everything in the world around us. I have loved seeing each one of my students grow as a person and a learner. I hope to blog more about that too.

So here is the card I made. I used Stampin Up products. It was a super easy and quick card that I could do with just about any stamp set.

How to make the card:
1. I started with whisper white cardstock cut to 8.5" by 5.5". Then I folded it and scored the edge. The scoring makes a BEAUTIFUL edge that isn't bumpy.
2. I used the stamp set that come in the  "Oh Happy Day Card Kit" (side note the cards that you make from this kit are adorbs!!!). I picked the hi circle stamp but I have also done this card with the Hello, Cheers, and Thank you stamps from the set.
3. I wanted a "weathered" look to my stamped images so I used the Stampin' write markers brush tip in Mellon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.
4. To get the color variation, color the stamp and "stamp off" one time. Then stamp on your card. The darker image will be on your scrap paper and you will get the lighter color on the card.

Here are the products I used:





No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT