Get Ink'd #17 Tropical Chic Thank you card

Thursday, July 19, 2018
Hey y'all!

The card I am sharing today is one that won my stamp team creative challenge. There is so much yumminess in this card! All the layers, the amazing DSP (patterned paper), embossing folders, and wink of stella.


I love this color combination inspired by the Tropical Escape DSP.  To get a two tone stamped image, I stamped the image in the lighter ink and then "rolled" the edges in the darker color. You can create a similar effect using the sponge daubers or stamping sponges.



The base for this card is a top fold 4.25"x 5.5" Thick Very Vanilla card. I layered a piece of 4"x 5.25" DSP over the base. I added the Power Pink strip and the Very Vanilla (stamped with Basic Black) strip over the DSP. I originally cut a square of Berry Burst but decided to cut it into 2 pieces. I liked the hint of green that peaks through. The circle was cut from Very Vanilla paper and  embossed with the Polka Dot Basics embossing folder. I wanted the dots to stand out so I sponged Power Pink ink onto the flat side of the embossing folder. Here is a close up:


I really love this technique. I plan to share a more in-depth how to at a later point. To finish off this card, I stacked the leaves under the Powder Pink circle and the flowers on top. I did color the flower with Wink of Stella. I wish I could figure out a way to make that Wink of Stella show up better in pictures. I'd love to know if you have a tip.

Don't forget about the DSP paper sale that is going on, this paper is part of the sale. I stocked up on it!  You can too by clicking on the product pictures below. They link to my online Stampin' Up! store.

Products:



I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT