A little summer reading...

Sunday, June 10, 2012
So school is out and I should be dreaming of hours laying by a pool reading books with chesty men on the cover and ladies with a "heaving bosom". But instead I am reading about teaching writing to small children, and LOVING it!!
here is the short list:
The first is In Pictures and In Words by Katie Ray Woods. This is a WONDERFUL book and one that Mrs. Wills Kindergarten is hosting a book study on.

The next one is Engaging Young Writers by Eric Glover. I haven't gotten past the first  few pages but what I have read SO far makes me extremely excited to finish this one.

The next one I want to read is Talking, drawing, writing by Martha Horn & Mary Ellen Giacobbe. I haven't read this one yet.

This one I've had for a while but put off reading because of the way that the book is laid out. It is a through the year kind of book, so I decided to set it aside until summer so that I could use it to build ideas for the beginning of the year. When I first got it I read the introduction that talked about how the book was set up and how it came about. That is why I decided to place this book on my summer reading list. ;)

Interactive Writing is one that was given to me during ELA (Effective Literacy in Arkansas). Actually I won it as a door prize. I've read bits and pieces along the way as I felt that I needed them, but I have never actually read the whole book. That is why I plan to fill in the gap this summer by reading the whole thing.


Back in the fall I read the next two books and LOVED them. This summer Live, Laugh, Love blog is hosting a book study on them. I am looking forward to going back through each chapter and being part of the book study. This study is going to be great because it's geared for Kindergarten teachers and their special breed of students. ;)

So those are my summer reading plans. I'm not sure everyone wants to read teacher books during the summer but it's really the only time I have to really read. My masters program ends in July and I graduate in August. That has taken up most of my spare time. I can't wait until graduation in August.

A little knee update, surgery went well. There were no big surprises. Damage was were they thought it might be. I think the coolest part was in the pictures they showed me of one section that was trying to heal itself. It was amazing to see how the body was trying to make things right. I've started PT, and it's a good thing Rob is so cute or I'd have to kill him.  ;) Truthfully PT stinks... I don't think that it hurt this bad right after surgery. But I know we have to go down this path to get better, and it is making since why it hurts to do some things and not others. 


3 comments

  1. Great choices. I'm working on my pile too.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you will be doing a lot of reading this summer. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit my blog.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm so glad I just found your blog. I'm looking forward to reading more posts! I'm also your newest follower. Please feel free to visit my blog: teachingkindergartenkiddos.blogspot.com

    ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT