10 things I've learned from teaching....

Sunday, July 21, 2013
I loved reading the others, so I decided to make my own list ;)

1. Over the summer EVERYTHING multiplies.
2. No matter how many times you remind the children that while in mini lessons that the bathroom is closed, someone does the pee pee dance AS SOON AS you start!
3. Make the janitor and secretary your best friends!  They are the first people you see in the morning and the ones you need when there is a sick child.
4. Taking the few extra seconds to get your students settled into pull outs or lunch are worth their weight in GOLD to those teachers.
5. Make a copy of EVERYTHING you turn into your principal or central office.
6. Find a day to do parent shout outs. (Shout outs are when you call or mail a post card to a parent letting the know something wonderful about their child.)
7. ALWAYS go to the bathroom in the first 2 minutes of any break! You never know when you will get a chance.
8. If I get everything done at school, and leave it there, then I get to read blogs and pintrest at night!
9. When a child calls me "momma" by mistake it makes my heart happy.
10. Dr Pepper makes even the most stressful day better!!

You too can link up with your list at Miss Kindergarten.

5 comments

  1. I can so relate to all you top 10's!!! I have a teacher neighbor who would agree with your #10!!! She loves her Dr. Pepper. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to read more post. If you get a chance I would love for you to come check out my top 10.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through the linky and it is so super cute! I feel the same way when a kiddos calls me mom (or Dad ha).
    I'm your newest follower!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG #1!!! Where does it all come from!? My piles are ridiculous right now! hahah! Thanks for linking up! And I love your new blog design! When did you change it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!
    I am your newest follower! Love your blog! Oh my gosh yes- it does multiply! And I love your idea about getting things DONE at school and leaving it there. I try to do that and it is so worth it!
    I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands & Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathroom break advice speaks loudly to me! I don't get a break until 11:30!! I give the same advice about the secretaries and janitors. They have saved me many, many times! I'm a new follower! I hope you'll Come visit me at my blog when you have time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT