A Confession....

Saturday, May 24, 2014
I have a confession to make, well actually several. First I did not have a good school year. I did not enjoy working with several of the children in my room. It was very difficult this year. The icing on the cake came last week and that leads me to my second confession.... I almost quit. No one will ever know exactly how close I came to saying "take this job and shove it!" I could go on and on but I have always tried to blog with the attitude of if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. So I haven't had much that I could post this year.

And to my last confession... the final blow came in early last week. I've been reassigned to first grade. I'm much better with this decision now, but it has taken a LOT of prayer and crying to get there. I love kinder and was looking forward to another year working with some of the best teachers I know. I was looking forward to a new group of littles to help grow. I was looking forward to not having some of the most difficult students... and then. I don't know if any of you have ever face moving grades or if you teach First. It has not been easy for me to get to a place that I am ok... and I can honestly say that I am ok.

I do need your help though.... I need to know what First grade blogs you follow or love. What First grade sellers on TPT meet the expectations of sellers like Deedee Wills, Kim Adsit, and Deanna Jump. I also need morning work... I use The Printable Princess for this and I need something that would meet the needs of my firsties..... I need HELP!  And I know that the blogging world will come to my rescue.

1 comment

  1. Wow! The EXACT same thing happened to me a couple of years ago! A bad year and then a move to 1st. I was so upset. I do not enjoy 1st grade at all. I was lucky this year to get moved to TK. There are a lot of great 1st grade bloggers out there that make teaching 1st look great.I used Kelly Dolling - Teacher Idea Factory's morning work. I also like Katie King - Queen of First Grade's monthly Busy Teacher packets. Good luck to you next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT