Color Revamp!

Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Y'all I about died when I got to peek inside the 2018 catalog... yes there are beautiful stamps and accessories that are going to keep me getting happy mail for months. But there is something that literally took my breath away.  It's the new colors! (and I'm not just talking the 2018-2020 In Colors either.)



Stampin Up! said this about the color revamp:
The spice of life is variety, and that’s especially true in the world of color. Stampin’ Up! makes a point to keep an eye on color trends across different markets and industries. When we see changes happening, we review our color spectrum to ensure that we remain consistently on top of the trends. This brings us to the 2018 Color Revamp!
In order to keep bringing you the most current and on trend colors, we decided it was time to give our color collections a makeover.
With this revamp, you’ll not only have new products to introduce and sell to your customers, but also have a new variety of shades that will inspire creativity and allow you to explore more sides of your crafting.

So just what does that mean for you?

Stampin Up! will still have the 4 color collections  and the In Colors (with 5 changing each calendar year). However there is an additional collection called Basic to include Whisper White, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black.  That freed up some space in the Neutrals collection to add a little color!

Additionally some colors are being moved around into new collections or are retiring, making room for new colors. So let's take a look at these jaw dropping changes.

--In Color Collection--

I can not wait to have this collection in my hands!! The colors are so crisp... Y'all I'm already dreaming of the cards made with the new In Colors.  I am so excited about using Stampin Up! Two step stamps now. Think about Pinapple Punch with Lemon Lime twist!!! Or how about Lovely Lipstick with Powdered pink? Literally makes me itch to be  creating!

Now let’s talk about the new color collections. Can a girl get real? When I heard that colors were retiring and some where moving collections I was not exactly happy. If you’ve been around very long then you know the pain of getting all the colors and all the Stampin Write Markers and then the reinkers only to be told that change is coming. Yep that was me. I was sad right up to the point that I actually SAW the changes. I might have shed a tear that chocolate chip would retire, but when I look at the new neutral collection I see why it was taken out.  Chocolate chip has a cool base color while the other browns are warmish  based. Then I realized that moving it out meant that Meek Merlot, Mossy Meadow, and Night of Navy could move in. Y’all it really makes a MUCH better color collection. Think of all the elegant color combinations that are now possible in just ONE color collection.

There are also some returning colors. Mossy Meadow is one of them. I remember this color and how much I used to love it. It paired with old olive... OMG!!! Just you wait until you get your hands on it. Promise!

As I look at these color collections, I feel like the colors match the collection name. The Regals are rich colors. They have depth and elegance to them. I was never a huge fan of old olive being in the brights. I think the Granny Apple Green is a better green to stand up to the brights.  And did you see the new brights purple???? Gorgeous Grape is EXACTLY right for this collection. I love Rich Razzleberry but y'all its wasn't purple to me. It is a perfect color for the Regals. I really can't wait to get my hands on all these colors and Stampin Up keep us in mind and have a little something up their selves for those of us who already own all the current colors. I can't wait to hear what this little treat is going to be!

-New Color Collections-



-The new colors-




So those are the new colors and the revamped color collections. You might be wondering what colors are leaving? Here is a list be sure to stock up before these retire on May 31.
  • Always Artichoke
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Elegant Eggplant
  • Island Indigo
  • Marina Mist
  • Perfect Plum
  • Pink Pirouette
  • Rose Red
  • Soft Sky
  • Tangerine Tango
  • Tempting Turquoise
  • Wild Wasabi
  • Wisteria Wonder

I would LOVE to be your Stampin Up! Demonstrator


If you are in the United States and don't already have a Stampin Up! demonstrator then you can order your supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT