Get Ink'd #1: You're Priceless

Thursday, April 19, 2018
Hey Y'all!
Sometimes I look at something in the craft isles or in a catalog or even online and it calls to me. The You're Priceless set in the Annual Stampin Up! catalog did that for me. Stunning set. I was like "I have got to have this set. But when it arrived I struggled. It was like my muse left the building.

In this post I want to share with you what I did to get my muse back and what the results were. Let's be honest when the muse leaves the building it can be hard to get started on any project. I find that just getting out black ink and making a mark helps! So what I did was start stamping to make color combinations on scrap paper.


Then I worked to make a BUNCH of just that image that I would be able to fussy cut and use for later cards. That typically gets my muse hopping. Here are all my little gems cut out.


Look at my handful of inspiration. As I was playing with the colors I noticed how nice the first and second generation of Berry Burst worked with Powder Pink. So I started working on the background that would end up being my card.

In the You're Priceless set there is a "color swish" kind of shape that is great for making color backgrounds. This is what I used and I love the results. I repeated the image in lines across my page. I would stamp the Berry Burst twice and then the Power Pink. Repeat.


Once I had my paper completely filled, I used Basic Black ink to stamp "Shine bright like a diamond" message stamp.  I lined up my stamp so that the bottom of the word diamond was centered in the color swatches.

With my very own personal designer paper ready, I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rectangle to use as the base of the front of my card. I then cut a 1" strip of Berry Burst and a 1/2" strip of Powder Pink. I used the Stampin' Write Markers in Berry Burst and Powder Pink to "stitch" the edges of the matching strips.

I pushed out a 1 1/8" scallop circle in Basic Black paper. I layered 1" circle punched out of Whisper White. I also used the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to edge the Whisper White circle. I love Stampin' Dimensional! Y'all these foam pieces are used to make magic on cards! They lift the image up off the card, causing a shadow on the base card.

For this example,  stamped "thank you" from the Petal Palette on to part of the Power Pink strip that I had left over. I then cut a flag in the and attached it under the diamond gem shape. This is the final card:


I would LOVE to be your Stampin Up! Demonstrator


If you are in the United States and don't already have a Stampin Up! demonstrator then you can order your supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT