Sharing something that I wrote....

Monday, July 16, 2012

This is a little piece that I wrote thinking about teaching. It's not long, nor is it finished... but I wanted to share it in its rough state.

Teaching is a dream job. I dream alongside children as they begin a journey to become productive. I dream the “what if’s” and the “I want to’s”. I dream of a better tomorrow because small children are given the chance to grow and learn and not be held down because of race, religion, or gender. I am a dream weaver as I open new doors and share with children what tomorrow can hold. I nurture dreams that have taken sprout. I watch them grow. I have been given the gift of being able to love children where they are, not because of what they can do, or where they came from, but just because God placed them into my path. Some days are the stuff of dreams, fluffy, cheerful, and bright; and others are nightmares. But the dreams are big, and often we don’t quite reach them. I like to tell my dreamers that if you aim for the sun, even if you miss, you are among the stars. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might guide a dreamer among the stars tonight.


2 comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT