when oppertunity knocks...

Friday, July 27, 2012
I am almost scared to share this but here goes...



As I have posted here, this past year was not a shining moment in my career. It really hit me hard and often I thought I was down for the count. It seems that something I did as a knee jerk reaction might bring changes to my life. I am part of a big district (over 20 elementary schools) and the way to change schools is to request the opportunity to transfer by sending paperwork to principals at the schools you would like to move too. Well after one particularly hard day I filled out 8 or so requests and sent them off. My current principal had to sign them and was very sad. Of course, she understood the reason why I just wanted to have the opportunity. See if you don't fill out this paperwork and send it, then you can not be interviewed for any open positions within that building. Three principals have contacted me this week about setting up interviews. One position was a first grade room, which I did not want in the least (sorry firstie friends!) But I interviewed anyway for two reasons, just because it is not something that i want doesn't mean that God doesn't have a different plan for me and two it's been 4 years since I had an interview!



But here is the exciting part... the school where my room was cut 2 years ago has a kindergarten opening!! I would die to get back there!! I am still really really close to some of the teachers there. Ahh it would be wonderful. And then I got a call saying that there is an opening at our Pre K center and would I be interested in interviewing for that spot... yes hello- people don't retire from there, they die there! (well you know what I mean). So here I am, I have a kinder spot (the grade I love, other than prek) and I have two interviews for WONDERFUL schools teaching the levels I love!!

The idea that I might have to pack up a room the week before teachers go back is a bit daunting but I could embrace it! I had to share with you guys... you were here for me in the bad, so I thought we could celebrate the potential together. Of course I am a bit scared that I wouldn't get either position. I've had that happen before too. Please say a prayer... I would love to change schools. It would do me good too.

8 comments

  1. Congratulations! Interviewing and moving schools is not an easy task (I'm going it now) but if that is what puts us where we are meant to be it is worth it. Good luck with the interviews! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I am sending lots of love your way. Also I am asking God to encircle you in his arms as you deal with the changes that will soon come your way.
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for you!! Hoping things work out as they should be:):) Keep us posted - when are your interviews?

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interviewing, moving... it takes so much energy! Remember to take care of yourself! :) Thoughts & prayers for you!

    Kim
    Carried Away in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things work the way you want them! Sending good thoughts your way.
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think positively, everything works out the way it's supposed to! Good luck girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT