Get Ink'd #15 Broadway Bound Wish cards

Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Hey y'all! Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the Broadway Bound suite.  I fell in love with this set when I first saw the new annual catalog. There was something about the gold with the limon lime twist and lovely lipstick set off on black that drew me in.  For these cards I did not include the lemon lime twist but added gray granite. I wanted the lovely lipstick to take center stage...


This card is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" side fold card made from Basic Black. I layered some of the Broadway Bound DSP on top of Lovely Lipstick cardstock. Then I die cut about 8 of the marquee from the Broadway Lights Framlits Dies and layered them on top of each other. This gave more dimension to the marquee and I really love the finished look below. "Wish" is raised using Stampin' Dimensionals. A little of the left over black and gold twine from June's Paper Pumpkin box mixed with the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon finished this card perfectly!


You can really see the dimension in the marquee in this picture (below). This is a super easy technique but it makes a big impact on the card! I'll share more about how to make 3D die cuts in another post. 


This is the second card I am sharing today. I've still not figured out if I want to post several cards in one post or just a single card or really how to share with you all. I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section or on the Facebook page.

I actually like this card the most! It's a great man's card! Not that women won't love it too. The Lovely Lipstick color is a pinker red but not so pink that it's supper feminine and not so red that it garish! I love the Basic Black dots over the Gray Granite word wish. And I did add a little wink of stella to the die cut word but you really don't need it. 


This is a close up of the dots over the word. See that "washed" out spot that is a poor quality stamped image? I kind of love that! It reminds me of old marquee letters that are rusted out. When you make a "mistake" keep going, you might actually like the end result. That's my tip for the day. LOL... don't toss out all your mistakes. Sometimes they make beautiful cards, just not the card you had envisioned at first. 


The links below are to the products I used in my Stampin' Up! Store. I hope that you found something that inspired you to create today!

Products:



And don't forget about the buy 3 get 1 free paper sale!



I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT