Get Ink'd #4: Share what you love (A Little More, Please)

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Hey Y'all!
Today I'm sharing a few things that I made using the items in the A Little More, Please suite. This suite kicks things up by including embellishments,colored card stock, and the alphabet set call  "Make a Difference".  This set excites me because of the ability personalization options. Y'all this set also meets Stampin' Up! angel police that allows you to sell your hand stamped cards and items.

This first card uses Make a Difference for the sentiment. I have fallen in love with the simplicity of this card. The Very Vanilla cardstock was embossed with the Layered leaves embossing folder.  Then stamp one of the images down a 2 inch strip of Very Vanilla cardstock. To get the color on the edge, simply slide the paper edge over the top of your stamp pad. You don't have to press down hard at all. I added the words thank you in Basic Black.


The next card is simple up has a little pizzaz. The large flower image is stamped on to 1.5 inch squares. The bottom square is popped up with Stampin' Dimentionals and has some twine wrapped around it. You could use any small sentiment or stamp one with the letters from Make a Difference. The fun of this card is actuallly the Old Olive images on the left. I used a post it note to block off part of the card. I stamped first and second generation images (remember that's fancy words for stamped before re inking to get a lighter image) to create what looks like a Designer Paper.


Y'all I am not a girly girl and doilies... oh my, so not my thing. But the doilies that come with this suite aren't frilly or old fashioned. They are pearlized and have more of a stained glass feel.  They grew on me! LOL! Actually they sat on my table saying... Use me. I'm fun. (What your craft supplies don't speak???) I needed a little something with this card. The Rich Razzleberry cardstock is stamped with Versamark ink. I stamped the images closer together at the bottom and spread them out more at the top. I stamped the large flower image on Very Vanilla paper and used the Stampin' Write markers to fill them in (you could have used the Stampin' Blends markers if you were lucky enough to get them during Sell-a-bration.) Then I added the velvet ribbon (lushish yall!!) and it STILL needed something. So I started playing with the doilies. I like the feel that they added.


I realize I shouldn't have favorites. I mean it just isn't fair to all the other cards I made but y'all!!! This card is just all that and some! Let's talk about making this card. I knew I wanted to show 4 cards with this set but I was stuck at 3. AND I really hadn't used much from the embelishment box. So I dumped everything out on my work area. I picked up this and I picked up that and then I wondered if the large tag was big enough for the large flower image. So I stamped it. IF you as my pre school students they will tell you my favorite color is pink. And that is truth. I love pink but I wanted to something with the Grapefruit Grove color and honestly the cardstock wasn't doing much talking to me. So I watercolored the flowers and stamped the word beautiful. Added a little knot of the velvet ribbon and some Stampin' Dimentionals and BAM!


There you have it. My take on the A little More, Please suite. For a set that I wasn't sure I would love, I am really having fun creating with it! The next Get Ink'd will focus on cards made with the Gotta Have it all Suite. And there will be a 3D Get Ink'd using this set as well. I told you I warmed up to the set and actually have enjoyed stamping with these images.



I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT