OSAT Blog Hop August New Beginnings

Thursday, August 13, 2020
Hey Y'all! Where oh where did the month go? I mean wasn't it just yesterday we were talking about the brat pack and Pretty In Pink? This month we are taking a look at New Beginnings! Being a pre school teacher, school is on my brain this time of year, so my new beginning is back to school. 

Here are my projects. We will take a closer look down below. Plaid to me is quenticental fall. I mean it's weird to wear plaid in the summer right? lol. Plaid is school uniforms, and pumpkin patch picnic tables. It's cozy and warm and inviting. So it was the perfect place to start for my projects this month. 


Details for today's card

First up, the Welcome Back card. I don't know about you but being out of school since March 12 is starting to weigh on me and my since of purpose. I am a teacher. I always have been. As a child I had a learning disability. We very quickly figured out that if I could teach "it" to someone else then I knew the material. So my dolls would learn algebra or world history. I decided for this project to mix a little something old with a little something new. The apples are from the Harvest Hello stamp set. They were stamped and colored with Blends. Everything else on the card is new.


Picking the perfect plaid was hard man! There are so many beautiful ones in the new 6"x6" Plaid Tidings DSP. I decided to use two for this card. I made sure that the scale of the plaids were different as was the direction of the plaid. I also mixed in some wood grain paper from the In Good Taste DSP. I used the next to smallest frame die from the Celebration Labels dies to create a Pretty Peacock shape for my apples to anchor on. My greeting is embossed with gold embossing powder.


Here is a close up of the front. You can see that one of my plaids is bold and the other one is subtle. This gives texture and depth to the card without looking like plaid overload. The color of the subtle plaid is Sahara Sand. Now for my 3D project... y'all it's a backpack!!!



How stinking cute is this!!! I used Pretty Peacock cardstock mixed with touches of plaid and Sahara Sand. This image is the back. Or is it the front? Anyway let's look at the other side.


I though these would be so cute with some chocolate and maybe a gift card for school supplies. We have a neighbor who is starting college this fall and this little backpack is going to her. I used the purse dies from All Dressed Up dies to make the backpack. The trick is to tuck in the sides rather than have them stick out.



How about we take a look at the projects together again.

I loved this theme and really struggled with what New Beginning to bring you... baby, new house, new job, retirement, school, college. The list goes on and on. I hope today's projects inspired you to create a little kindness, one card at a time!


Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


1 comment

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT