The Spot Creative Challenge #124- it's a color challenge!

Tuesday, August 18, 2020
Hey Y'all! I'm back this week with a color challenge from the amazing team at The Spot! 
So what do you think of these colors? Are they something you would have pulled together? Not me. Well maybe the Cinnamon Cider with Blackberry Bliss but I know I would not have put Mint Macaron with it. But I'm really pleased with this weeks card. 

So let's talk inspiration for a minute.... Sometimes a card hits me as a finished almost can touch it project. Maybe I woke up with that image in my head. Sometimes a card hits me in certain products that seem to be saying use me together. And other times, well I flounder. I might have a color scheme or some products but nothing really seems to be "playing well together". This card was the latter. 

I knew that I wanted to use the new Celebrate stamp set but I also wanted a feeling  of fall and quilts. To achieve the "feel" of fall and quilts I needed our color scheme to play well with the stitched triangles dies and stamps. And y'all that didn't come easy! LOL. 

Details for today's card

Here is a close up of the card. See those triangles going across the card? Those are the fabulous stitched triangle dies. The images on the triangles are a stamp from the Stitched Triangles bundle. The scream fall to me! Each triangle has been stamped with that stamp before placing it on the card. The pumpkins and greeting are from the Celebrate stamp set in the August- December Mini Catalog.


Now let me show you the whole card! I did a top folding card base of Cinnamon Cider. Then I layered Blackberry Bliss under Whisper White. I stamped the pumpkins and the greeting in Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Blends. I added a few sequins to finish this card off. 


I hope that you are inspired to create a little kindness, one card at a time! Don't forget to see what the rest of the team did with this color challenge by clicking on the image below.





Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.



No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT