The Spot Creative Challenge #122 Coffee Cocktails and Chocolate

Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Hey y'all! Happy Tuesday... it's that time of the week, The Spot Creative Challenge day! This week we are looking at cocktails, chocolate and coffee!
Y'all there are SO many wonderful stamp sets that fit this weeks challenge. Both the Annual Catalog and the new August to December Mini Catalog have sets that fit. Or what about taking the challenge a different direction and create something that you could "gift" coffee, cocktails or chocolate to someone? Get creative! This is the perfect challenge for trying out that 3D item you have been dying to try. You know, I also see LOTS of cute scrapbook pages centered around this theme. A girls night out, or maybe a trip to the coffee shop, or how about documenting a cooking class. 

Details for today's card


Today I am using the Whisky Business stamp set. I love this set. It's one of those that sits in a catalog and gets over looked, unless your husband (or any other family member) is a whisky/ bourbon lover. The summer of 2019 our family vacation centered around Jackson and his being part of Skills USA in Kentucky. The rest of us visited the Kentucky bourbon train while Jackson competed. Don't feel sorry for him, he's not old enough to drink yet so he didn't miss much. Each day we visited a new distillery. I am not a bourbon drinker, if it's not in a glass with an umbrella then it's probably not something I will drink. Now that we are clear on that, imagine someone tasting every bourbon on the trail and raking the burn in degrees of hell. Yep that was me! 

When I saw this set in the catalog during pre order, I laughed so hard it caught the attention of my husband. In those minutes he told me "he would never speak to me again if I didn't get that stamp set". Y'all HE never pays attention to anything I show him in the catalog. SO you better believe it was on the first order when it was available. 


Now that I've shared the why behind me getting this set, let's talk about the card. I used 3 colors in this card, Cajun Craze, Sahara Sand, and Cinnamon Cider. This card is very masculine and warm feeling, kind of like the burn of bourbon. I used some of the new Plaid Tidings DSP as well as the new Celebration labels on this card. On the Cajun Craze layer, I stamped the wood looking stamp from Comfort and Hope stamp set. The Cinnamon Cider layer is stamped with the glass from the Whiskey Business set. I stamped both layers in Versamark ink. 

I hope that this card has inspired you to create a little kindness, one card at a time! Make sure you check out what the rest of the team did by clicking on the picture below.





Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT