Hello Friend ink blending background

Thursday, March 12, 2020
Have you seen the trend in blending inks to create beauitful backgrounds or elements for your cards? Today's card features this technique. I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to  4.25" x 5.5". I used 3 colors of ink in the blue green to green family. This means that all three inks would be found together on a color wheel. I started with the lightest color (Soft Sea Foam) and blended it into a medium green (Granny Apple Green) and blended into a blue green (Coastal Cabana). Then I die cut the piece with one of the Stitched so Sweetly dies and added my message or greeting stamp.


Here is a close up of the beautiful embossing powder I used! I am in LOVE with this black and glitter  embosses greeting!! Insider tip- this embossing powered doesn't work so well on fine line images. Go BOLD, pick something that is solid either an image or greeting. 

Details for today's card


  • Card base is Coastal Cabana side folding card
  • Best Dressed DSP cut to 4"x 5.25"
  • Whisper White cardstock die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies
  • Shimmer Black Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • Basic Rhinestones and sequins 

Products Used:


Live in the US? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT