The Spot Challenge #120 Christmas in July

Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Hey Y'all!

Can you believe that this week we are challenging you to make a Christmas card? Back to school or fall, even a Halloween card doesn't seem as out of place as Christmas in July. I guess it would help if it actually felt like July and not some random weird month. This Corona-cation stuff just has me all out of wack. But the challenge has been accepted and today I am sharing, along with the talented team over at The Spot Creative challenge, Christmas cards. I really hope that you join us and share your creation. Click on the picture below for all the details (you don't have to have a blog to play- just a beautiful creation that matches the theme of Christmas). 


Here is my card. This suite was the fist one that took my breath away when I saw the new catalog. The suite is called "Trimming the Town". It has a beautiful color pallet of Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, and Early Espresso. 


I started with the DSP for my card. I LOVE the prints on this paper. They are stunning. Once side is some kind of pattern and the flip side is full of images (like the little houses in this card). I love the red and green with blue color scheme. It makes the card pop.


I used the die cuts to cut out the car and tree. Then I colored the stamped images with Blends. So we have a family joke at our house about the size of a tree. I live in a tiny 900 square foot house but evidently I ALWAYS fall in love with the biggest tree on the lot. I want a big full tree without holes. No Charlie Brown trees here. And I can't seem to tell that the tree is too big at the tree lot. When we get it home we have to trim, trim, trim until it fits the house. Every year I promise to do better, every year we have to trim. I decided to use the larger of the two tree images because of our family joke. I just giggle seeing that HUGE tree on the little car. Both of my kids and my husband noticed and mentioned our tree issue when they saw this card. I love being able to include things that the card recipient will notice and smile at. 

I really hope that you join our challenge and add your card by Saturday. It's so much fun to see everyone's cards and projects. But more than anything I hope that you were inspired to create a little kindness, one card at a time.

Products Used:


Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.







1 comment

  1. Cute card! Love the back story and I'm glad I'm not alone in the desire for a nice, full tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT