The Spot Challenge #118 Creating your Own DSP

Tuesday, July 7, 2020


It's Tuesday and you know what that means! It's another The Spot challenge. This week we are creating our own DSP (Designer Series Paper).  For my contribution, I used a returning stamp set called Harvest Hellos. I love this cute set and the matching punch. I didn't use the punch since I was stamping my DSP.


I started with a fill sheet of 81/2"x 11" Whisper White paper. Using Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the pumpkin and stems. I turned my stamp a quarter turn each time. Then I colored with Stampin' Write markers. I let the markers help me by making lines. Had I chosen to use Blends, the lines would not have appeared but would have had a smooth round blend effect. I feel that look was better suited for the apple rather than a pumpkin that has lines as part of it's texture. Once I colored the whole sheet, I added a watercolor wash of Misty Moonlight in the white space around the pumpkins. I let this be supper rough and messy.


To finish the card, I layered a Whisper White strip over a 2" circle of Vellum Cardstock. Then I attached them to my card over some of the new 3/8" Embroidered Ribbon. To complete the look, I added some stars from the All The Trimmings embellishment pack.


I am really happy with how my card ended up looking on the layers of Cajun Craze and Misty Moonlight cardstock. I did place Whisper White on the inside of the card, Cajun Craze is on the edge of being to dark to write a message on. I hope that you are inspired to create your own background paper! It's really fun to do and creates some stunning one of a kind cards! Until next time.... create a little Kindness one card at a time!


Products Used:


Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT