The Spot Creative Challenge #127- fun folds... or not!

Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Hey Y'all!! Have you seen the weather report??? Colder air is headed across the United States. That says it's fall y'all! This week I am sharing several different takes on the fall. Today I am sharing my challenge card for The Spot!

Ok so the words "fun fold" and "Karen Day" are never ever in the same sentence. Like ever! My cards tend to be things that could be made fairly quickly and have lots of layers. It's who I am as a card maker. So this week a fun fold card really was a challenge for me. Now that said, you might not really consider this card a fun fold. I'm ok with that... the folks over at The Spot really created some BEAUTIFUL and creative fun folds. 

Here is my "not so fun" folded card. LOL....

I started with an idea that I have used before where the card front is not solid cardstock. It is more of a "hinge" that I used with a piece of DSP. My thought was to use the hinge to attach a die cut to the front of the card. What is hard to see is that there is a Whisper White rectangle on the inside that is slightly larger than the Sahara Sand die cut piece. I used the largest of the stitched rectangles to die cut the cover. Then I layered a piece of Plaid Tidings DSP that I cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies. I used the new Banner Punch to create the sentiment. And the stamps I used are Jar of Flowers, Four Seasons Floral, and Lovely You. I colored the flower and jar with Blends. 



Now if you are ready to see some really fun folds... head over to The Spot! blog and check out what the team made. (Click on the image below to head to The Spot)






Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT