OSAT Blog Hop Say Hello

Thursday, January 14, 2021
Hey y'all!! 
I am so stinkin' excited about today's projects. The things I am working with today are from the new January to June Mini Catalog (which I will be calling "the mini"). Normally demonstrators, like me, can pre order everything in the new mini during the pre order period. However Stampin' Up! held this set back and said "trust us we are working on something big". When that happens, hold on to your hat because it's gonna be good.



And boy oh boy is it!! Stampin' Up! has pulled a stamp set out of the vault to match a current mini catalog item AND they created dies for BOTH sets!!! Yep I'm talking about the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick bundles.

So several years back, I'm thinking 2017 Sale-a-bration, Stampin Up! released a set called Hey Chick. This was one of the level one free stamp sets for Sale-a-bration. I was just a customer way back in the day and passed on that set. There were other things I wanted. But man was I kicking myself later. Fast forward to now, and it's out of the vault with a cute matching die set. Not to mention that the "chicks" now have a birthday set AND matching dies. These bundles will be available to all in February but demonstrators can order it now, and it could be part of the starter kit (just sayin'). 

Alright, let's take a look at what I have created for you today! I made a set of birthday cards and a card box. I have a good friend who has chickens and I knew immediately that my first projects with these sets would be to make her some cards she could send. 

Details for today's card


How cute is this card? I love the little eggs and that adorable hatching chick. I started with a side fold card base. Then I layered the dot DSP and added a 1-1/2" strip of that striped paper. The chicks are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used Stampin' Blends to add shadows and the legs. 



Next up is this crazy chick! To me this card tells the story of a party. Honestly it cracks me up! This card is a Seaside Spray card base with a piece of Cinnamon Cider DSP from the 6"x6" In Colors paper pack. I did layer some Misty Moonlight under my circles. The confetti is from the Ice Cream suite. 


This is the last card in the set. I started with a Basic White top folding card base. Then I layered Seaside Spray and a layer of Misty Moonlight DSP. I used the Boarders to Background stamp set to stamp the tag with Misty Moonlight. I used some of the Frost White glimmer paint to splatter the background. The adorable hatching chicks are just my very favorite and super cute on this card. 

Now let's look at the box I made to hold the cards. 


I love giving card sets as gifts and this one has got to be at the top of my favorite one ever made list. The clear boxes from Stampin' Up! are perfect for holding 6 cards and envelopes (well I've gotten 10 cards and envelopes in there but it's tight). I made a belly band from the Ice Cream Suite and stamped some chicks on a die cut shape. I added one of the die cut chicken wire pieces and some linen twine to finish off my belly band. Here is what the whole set looks like together.

I really hope that you have been inspired to make a card or card set today. Thank you for hopping over to my blog where we make the world a little kinder, one card at a time! Make sure to check out the rest of the hop below!




Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.




1 comment

  1. I love Hey Chick and am so happy they brought it back along with Hey Birthday Chick! Your cards are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT