Something Old Something New: and even more Quick cards

Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Hey Y'all!! This is the last set of quick cards that I am going to share... for now. I am sharing these together because they look so much alike. And I wanted to share some more tips that I thought of since I first posted.

 This first card uses the black and white stripe paper from an old Sale-a-bration Designer Series Paper. The polka dot paper is part of the Bird Ballad Suite. I added some sequins and the little heart stamps are from the Label Me Bold stamp set.

The second card follows the same idea as the first but it uses the retired Valentine's Paper from the 2019 Occasions catalog. The stamps are from the Heartfelt Stamp set. I love how you can take a card and use what you have on hand to make it. You just follow the basic idea of the inspiration card.


So my tips! Find or make an inspiration card. Then bulk create the elements. For example I die cut the black labels in several colors all at one time. I knew what DSP I wanted to use because I had pulled that when I made my inspiration card. I came up with a basic layout for the card (both a landscape and portrait). Then I substituted different papers and embellishments. I have a little folder with a picture of the first card (seen here) and inside are any die cut pieces or DSP pieces I haven't used. Taking the few minutes to make the folder means that I can whip up a card quickly!

Details for today's cards

These are both top folding cards out of Thick Whisper White cardstock. Then I added the two layers of Designer Series Paper and the two layers of tags. This is kind of like a recipe or formula to make cards with, rather than using a sketch.

Products Used:


Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT