The Spot Creative Challenge it's a sketch thing

Tuesday, October 27, 2020




Hey y'all!! Can you believe that Halloween is THIS week!?!?! I'm dying. My pre k kiddos are flipping out and can't talk about anything but what they are dressing up as. I wanted to create a card that captured the energy and fun of my students. 




I decided to use the cute hippo and the saying from Hippo Happiness. I decided to use the Playing with Patterns paper from the Pattern Play suite (which is currently on sale until October 31). My cardstock colors are Bumble Bee, Night of Navy, and Purple Posey.

Details for today's card

Let's take a closer look. 


From this angle, you can see that the greeting tag is layered over a velum tag. I love the look of layers in a card. I also used the Playing with Patterns Resin dots and the stars are from All the Trimmings embellishment pack. I stamped the hippo in Highland Heather ink that I had stamped off one time. Then I stamped Gorgeous Grape over it. The face is Tuxedo Black.


Look at that face! I layered the hippo onto 2 circle punches. One is Whisper White and the other is Bumble Bee. A Stampin' Write marker in Black to add a few hand drawn lines and some dimensionals to raise the circles. 

I hope that you are inspired by this sketch and my card. Hop on over to The Spot Creative challenge to see more inspiration AND to see last week's winners. 





Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT