Embossed Resist Technique The Spot Challenge

Tuesday, November 10, 2020



Hey Y'all! It's Tuesday and you know what that means right? It's time for this weeks challenge. This week we are working with the embossed resist technique. I'm going to go with that you have NEVER heard of this technique and are dying for me to tell you all about it. LOL So, let's talk about the technique itself and then I'll dive into my card for today. 


The bats in this card showcase the technique. I started by stamping the bats with Versamark ink, and then used embossing powder in clear or white on my image. But the magic happens when you come back add ink or water color over the embossed image. The ink or watercolor will not stick to the embossed area. It wipes off and leaves the white of embossing powder! This makes the image POP. I love how learning how to emboss adds so much to a crafter's tool box.

Now that we have talked about the technique, let's jump into the card that I am sharing as inspiration for this weeks challenge.

Details for today's card

This week's card uses the Curvy Christmas Stamp set and 3 colors of inks. I also used a new product that will be making it's debut in the January to June Mini Catalog! The pattern Paper (DSP) is from the Classic Christmas 6x6 paper pack. This pack has 3 colors (Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, and Sahara Sand) and several universal patterns including stars, trees, stripes, plaids, and polka dots.


I used Whisper White paper. I stamped Versamark ink and white embossing powder. After heating the embossing powder, I used one of the new Stampin' Up Brushes to apply ink to the paper. I wanted an ombre look so I started with Night of Navy and moved to Seaside Spray. 

I added in the Shaded Spruce DSP as a pop of color to go with the tree images. The front focal area is really one of my favorite parts of this card. I was a HUGE user of the metallic thread that we used to carry. It was perfect for adding depth and texture to a card. This twine from the Annual catalog Flowers for Every Season suite has a metallic thread around a Whisper White and Misty Moonlight twine. The sentiment is stamped in Misty Moonlight on a tag punched from the Tailored Tag punch. The Misty Moonlight pieces are punched from the Classic Label punch and the Sprig punch. 


I hope that you are inspired by my card and this technique. I would LOVE to see what you create. You can see more inspiration and join in the fun over at the Spot (click on the image above to see the challenge).  





Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.



No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT