OSAT Glad Tidings

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Hey Y'all!
I am hopping today with the team over at One Stamp at a Time. Our theme this month is Glad Tidings We Bring. What to hear a funny? So I plan out my hops in advance. I use a planner and make notes. For this hop, I wrote the title - Glad Tidings but nothing else. As I was jotting down ideas, I had several ideas for Thanksgiving type Glad Tidings. And yes they would total fit the Glad Tidings idea, but what I left out was off of my planning page was that these are Christmas or Holiday Glad Tidings. Y'all this gal was looking to make some super cute items for your Thanksgiving table (no worries, I'm sharing those next week ;) ). 


Here are my projects for our hop. I'm focusing on the Classic Christmas 6x6 paper and the Merry Hello Hostess set. My color pallet came from the paper and I added Soft Suede for my outline images.

Details for today's card

Let's start with the card.This is a top fold card out of Sahara Sand cardstock. I cut 3 pieces of the Classic Christmas paper to 1" strips. These are layered on the front of the card. 



Let's take a closer look at the focal area.



There are 3 layers of "shapes" making up this focal area. The bottom layer is a vellum piece cut from the Hippo and Friends dies. On top of that I layered Snowflake Splendor ribbon and Sprig punched pieces from vellum and silver foil paper. Then I used another one of the tag/ shapes from Hippo and Friends. I stamped the stockings in Soft Suede ink. The last layer is a circle punched in Whisper White. I stamped the pine branch in Shaded Spruce and the "A Merry Hello" in Tuxedo Black ink. I LOVE how this turned out. A lot is happening in that area and the background needed to be simple, but impactful. This layered strips background is one of my favorites! It's a great way to use up those "extra" pieces that we all have left over from other projects.


This is such a great box to make for treats! It's very easy to make because the lid is really just a "belly band". I copied the basic idea of the box from my card. I placed a Bath and Body Hand sanitizer into my box. The background is stamped in Soft Suede to create a background paper. For this box I mimicked the focal area by cutting out the stockings and only used a circle to anchor them. 

This really was a fun set to create. I love how the box could be used as a place card on a dinner table. And the card could be the matching Christmas card that you mail out. Now how about some more inspiration? Hop on using the links below! 



Products Used:




Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!

If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT