GDP #220 It's a C.A.S.E

Sunday, December 22, 2019


This card is another one inspired by the team over at Global Design Project. I like being pushed creatively and their challenges do that. Some weeks I see the challenge and know right away what I want to do. Its as if my mind creates the card or project and I just execute it. Some weeks I have to think about what I am wanting to make. Maybe a stamp set jumps in my mind but the layout does not. Those are fun cards! And then there are CASE challenges. Gotta be honest, they are not my favorite. While CASE means copy and selectively edit, I still don't get the same level of creative surge as I do with other types of challenges.
This is a beautiful card by Shawn De Oliveria. I've been looking at it over and over since the challenge was posted. I keep being drawn to the bottom part of the card. The part with the costal cabana and gold paper. I think that is what I am going to focus my card on. 
Here is my card:
I'm really loving the pinks and purples with that touch of Soft Suede. Oh let's talk for a second about this DSP and stamp set!!! These are avalible on January 3 in my online store. They are part of the new Mini Catalog. This was not a suite that grabbed my attention. I mean I thought it was beautiful, but it didn't grab me. BUT! I could not be more happy that I have it. I got the suite because of the dies. One makes the cutest little purse!! I'll share a couple of projects I did with the purse a little closer to January 3, 2020. Since I had to have the dies, I had to get the paper and stamps.

Details for today's card

This is a standard card size for me 4.25x 5.5. About 90% of my cards are a side fold, this one is too. The soft suede DSP is from the Neutrals paper pack. I cut a 1/2" strip and the flower is from the new Best Dresses DSP pack. It's 2 inches. Both of these are layered onto a whisper white rectangle that measures 3.75 x 5". I used the back side of the large floral to make the horizontal piece. It's a 2" piece that I tore on one end. The Gorgeous Grape square was cut using the stitched shapes dies. I used the White embossing powder on the sentiment. And the perfume bottle was stamped and die cut. The color swish in the middle us Purple Posy. I have the stamp pad but due to the color shifting Stampin' Up has discontinued it. IF you don't have a stamp pad use the Stampin Write marker.

Products Used:


I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT