Count Down to Sale-a-bration card #2 .... Power of Hope Bundle

Tuesday, December 31, 2019


Today I am sharing a card featuring one of the bundles that you can get free with a purchase during Sale-a-Bration. When I first saw this stamp set, it didn't really grab my attention. But the 3D embossing folder that is part of the bundle screamed my name! It's called Stone but I think it also looks like cracked glass. The colors for this card were inspired by the Global Design Projects current color challenge.

This color combination really said holidays to me, and honestly I was over the holidays when I saw it. However, the more I thought about these colors together the more I realized that they were perfect for the Power of Hope set. I knew I wanted to make "panels" on the front of the card.





Details for today's card

This is a top folding card. I layered the Shaded Spruce behind the Cherry Cobbler piece that I had embossed with that amazing Stone 3D embossing folder.  To try and keep from looking to Holiday, I place the Early Espresso on top. One theme that I notice in Asian art is the use of panels and 3 images together. So decided to have the panels on this card "morph" from the first to the last. I started with Early Espresso stamped at full ink then stamped again without re-inking (a second generation image). The last panel is my favorite. I stamped the image in Versamark ink and embossed with Whisper White embossing powder. Then I used Cherry Cobbler ink to watercolor the dress and umbrella. The hair is water colored with Early Espresso. I added Seaside Spray around the outer edge to define the Whisper White embossed image. The greeting is stamped in Shaded Spruce and layered on the a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for pizzaz.

Products Used:


I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT