Birthday wish background blending

Tuesday, February 4, 2020


Today's card is a fun background technique card. All you need are 3 to 4 colors of ink and a sponge roller. I started with the lightest color of ink (Seaside Spray) and rolled it about 1/4 of the way into the center of the card. I then rolled Balmy Blue next to it. I continued to from left to right adding some Blueberry Bliss and finally a little Pacific Point Blue. I then stamped the Birch background stamp in Smoky Slate over my background. I used an Aqua painter to "flick" water on to the background. What is great here is that our inks react with the water and make marks similar to Oxide inks. The best part here is that you don't need a special set of inks just to get that effect.

In this close up you can see how the water reacts with the ink.

Details for today's card

  • Card Base- top fold Seaside Spray 8.5x 5.5 " scored at 4.25"
  • Smokey Slate cut at 4x5.25"
  • Whisper White cut at 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”
  • Whisper White scrap 
  • Seaside Spray scrap to die cut "wish" add Wink of Stella for shimmer

Products Used:


I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT