Valentine's Day decor

Thursday, February 13, 2020
Gotta be honest with you, Valentine's Day isn't one of my favorites. It's one of those "hallmark" created holidays that seems to loose it's authentic quality. It just seems so commercial and money driven. Now that it's off my chest, I love creating around a theme and love is a great theme! Today I am sharing a little decor project I made to hang in a door way in our home. We live in a very old (think build in the 1920's) craftsmen's style home. Most of the homes on our street still favor the shotgun style home but our lot isn't as deep so a shotgun style home wouldn't fit. Because of the style we have this "mini" hallway between the back bedroom and the rest of the house. This is my "banner" hanging location. Here is the finished project.... there is a video over on my insta account for you.

Because it took a minute to make, I was able to tease all the steps on IG. I gotta say that was super fun to do. Not necessarily something I can do while making a card. Here are some of those steps along the way.

Details for today's project

First I decided on a color scheme. I knew I didn't want the traditional pink and red. Since AC granulated and went to college, it's just me and the boys. I wanted something that wasn't quite so girly but still celebrated love.

I decided on  Soft Sea Foam, Purple Posy, and So Saffron as the color palette. Soft, would work for Valentines but didn't scream it. I decided to mix the January Paper Pumpkin set in with the Heartfelt stamp set and punches. Y'all know I give my opinions freely and often. *shoulder shrug inserted here* This is probably my most favorite set from Paper Pumpkin EVER! Yep I said it. I loved last January's set that coordinated with the Animal Outing stamp set and the May set that coordinated with Bird Ballad. But this one is even better!!!


The 2x2" floral inspired background stamp can easily be stamped side my side to make a huge sheet of backgrounds. The little bee stamp coordinates with the bee set from the January- June Mini Catalog. The heart from this set fits perfectly in the punches from the Heartfelt stamp set. Oh y'all have I convinced you yet on how awesome this set was????

Here you see the hearts after they had been stamped and punched. The front scalloped heart is stamped with one of the hearts from the Heartfelt stamp set and the solid Soft Sea Foam heart uses one of the stamps from January Paper Pumpkin kit. That beautiful floral is from the Best Dressed Suit. Oh there is ANOTHER coordinating suite to this kit!! Y'all!!

So the hardest part of this project was scoring down the middle of the heart. I used my paper trimmer to do the scoring. Once scored and folded, I glued 4 hearts together. I left one of the sides open to add it to my Whisper White bakers twine. The last step was to take my five "strands" and hang them from some ribbon so that it would hang more like a banner.

I am so excited about this project that I know I will be finding other themes to create hanging banners for! On a side note or as a funny.... when my husband saw it hanging in the doorway he asked if I was trying to bring back the 1970's beaded doorways! Oh what I am I going to do with that man!

All the products used can be ordered 24/7 in my online store. The Paper Pumpkin kit is currently sold out, but I hear the March kit is going to have a double stamp set as a celebration of the 7th year of Paper Pumpkin.


See those rain boots???? I have my fingers crossed that it is going to work with the new _____ set from the January June Mini Catalog.Click the image to order the kit- I'm betting you won't want to miss it!

Products Used:



I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT