Get Ink'd techniques with Welcome Easter Bunnies

Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Hey Y'all!

Have you found your way over to the YouTube channel yet? I am slowly adding content there too. This has been something I have wanted to do for a while but allowed fear to stop me. But this Corona- what ever has given me the opportunity to stretch myself and now I have a channel. Jackson is keeping me in check and making sure I have content for you. Speaking of Jackson (proud momma moment coming) he graduates tomorrow night. I can't believe that I no longer have grade school children. Does that officially make me old? LOL

Back to the new video and the technique. I love learning new things and when I saw the beautiful card Connie Collins made using this technique I had to try it. So it's a faux alcohol ink type technique, and you can see it in action over on YouTube. I did want to mention a few things here that I didn't really do on the video (still learning y'all!). Here is the finished card that I made using the bunny I made in the video and the one I colored with Stampin' Blends. You can really seen the color difference.


I took one of my aqua painters and filled it with alcohol (just regular 70% from Walmart- ok probably Target but you get it right?). I didn't really squeeze the alcohol out of the painter. It was there to help keep the painter wet, until I needed to clean the mix of hand sanitizer out of the brush. Then I squeezed. Also I noticed that my ink was separating. What I mean is it had a chromatography happening and the crumb cake color was separating into the colors used to make it. I really like the end result though. The little bunny reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit story. So my tip would be make your mix as you need it and try not to let it sit. You can see the color separation in this close up. I thought it was the paper but the paper is still super smooth.



Also in the video I used the biggest acrylic block I have. You really don't need anything that big but I wasn't really sure what was going to happen so I figured to get the least used block in my stash. lol.

Here is the video:


I hope that you try this technique out and tell me what you think!

Products Used:


You can now follow my blog by email! Yep... brand new posts in your inbox!

Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT