Get Ink'd a Painters Tape Technique featuring Field of Flowers Stamp set

Thursday, June 25, 2020
Hey y'all!
Today I am sharing a fun technique with you. This one I'm calling the Painters Tape technique. I will caution you, not all painters tape is the same. For this to really work and work well without damaging the front of your card you really need the Delicate Surface Purple tape by Scotch. Even using this tape I will take off some of the sticky by laying the tape on my arm and then using it on my project. This card features the Field Of Flowers stamp set. I used Pear Pizzazz cardstock and ink to make this simple but eye catching card.


Let's talk for a second about how to make this card. About 2/3 of the way up from the bottom of the card I placed the painters tape. This is the white section of this card. I then used Pear Pizzazz ink to blend a background. There are all types of tools out there for this process. My favorite is either the sponge daubers for small areas or the make up brush tool for the larger area. Once I laid down some ink, I came back and stamped the grass image over the edge of the purple tape. Once both sides had been stamped, I pulled up that painters purple tape- VERY carefully. Don't rush pulling the tape. Once it was up I stamped the Always my friend in Tuxedo Black ink. I added a few flower shaped sequins and layered the card on Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White cardstock.

Details for today's card

Measurements:

  • Whisper White Thick cardstock base 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
  • Pear Pizzazz cardstock cut to 5 1/4"x 4"
  • Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 1/8"x 3 7/8" (this is the layer I stamped on)
  • retired Butterfly Gala sequins
  • Delicate Surface Painters tape

Products Used:



One last thing, This month- the month of June- Stampin'Up! has two great promos going on. The first is for someone who hosts. When your workshop reaches $250 you will be adding an additional $25 in host rewards! As if that wasn't great, the second promo is even better!


Stampin' Up! is adding a free bundle to each starter kit this month! What does that mean? Well the already great starter kit of $125 worth of products that YOU pick for $99 plus tax gets an extra product bundle added that YOU pick! I would love to have you join my team of happy shoppers and demonstrators this month. To join my Stampin’ Up!® Team - https://KarenDay.stampinup.net click on the Join button at the top.

You can now follow my blog by email! Yep... brand new posts in your inbox!

Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT