The Spot Sketch Challenge #117

Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Hey Y'all!
I am so excited to let you in on a little secret I've been holding. Today I am officially joining The Spot Design Team. There is so much talent on the team with Stampin' Up! demonstrators from all over the world!! Each Tuesday I will be sharing my take on the challenge of the week. The best part is that you can participate too! Head over to the blog, The Spot Creative Challenge and show us your use of this sketch!


That's a great sketch right? I love how this sketch gives you lots of room to interpret it. I decided to make the square one of the new label shapes from the Hippo and Friends die set (this is a MUST have  set). Between the rain and the dust clouds, I have been feeling so meh and this little sloth and his "sigh" are the cutest way I know to show meh.


Let's talk color combinations. One of my favorite things that Stampin' Up! does is giving us amazing color combinations in the Designer Series Paper. Those color combinations can be used with any stamp set! My color inspiration came from the Forever Greenery suite. If you look close, you will see that I actually used pattern papers from another suite too, the Flowers for Every Season pack of DSP has that really great Just Jade dot and what I am calling eucalyptus leaf paper.  I used Basic Black to help separate all those patterns, just a hint mind you. The label dies from the Hippo and Friends dies are so unique, while the coordinate they do not match perfectly. They look beautiful layered together but they aren't matchy matchy. Love that! I used some Denim ribbon to mimic the tied wrap on the sloth, who by the way is colored with Stampin' Blends.

Y'all!! I can not wait to see what you make. You have until Saturday to create and post your card over  at The Spot. Click the sketch below to be take over to the spot!




Products Used:


Are you in the United States? I would LOVE to be your Stampin'Up! Demonstrator!


If you are in the United States and not currently working with a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, you can order supplies in my online store, here.


No comments

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear how others where inspired by my creations.

Powered by Blogger.
BloglovinEmailPinterestTPT